The Raspberry Pi to JAMMA is an adapter that will allow your Raspberry Pi to connect to a JAMMA compatible arcade cabinet for an unbeatable multi-game emulation experience.
Here’s a quick summary of features:
- Inexpensive – cost still TBD.
- Works on all Pi devices with a 40 pin header (no Pi 1 A models unfortunately)
- Low latency control hardware – joystick and button status updates each frame.
- Straight, one step digital to analog, video and sound conversion for a clean picture and sound.
- Native video resolution – no scaling or shimmering artifacts with standard res games.
- Power monitoring and reporting.
- Auto shutdown on brownout (with a super capacitor bank) will not chew up your SD card. Just turn off your arcade machine and walk away.
- Images for major Retropie releases will be provided.
- Opensource drivers and configuration for more customization.
- Plugs into JAMMA with SF2 kick harness support.
- All IO done through GPIO header. Nice and clean with no messy wires.
- Old skool, through hole design with IC sockets for easy repair and troubleshooting.
This project is still in beta testing. Here’s additional documentation:
Joystick, Buttons and Controls:
- PJ – Default button configuration
- PJ – Troubleshooting controls
- PJ – Installing drivers on a vanilla Retropie (or other) setup.
Voltages, Power Monitoring and Shutdown: