What we have here is a fairly capable reflow oven controller. It allows you to take an ordinary toaster oven and convert it into a reflow oven for all your SMD soldering needs.
Here are the features:
- Open source, open hardware project
- Microcontroller controlled (MSP430)
- Solid state switching AC via a triac
- LCD (supports Hitachi and Nokia) display
- Supports two thermistors for temperature measurement
- Industry standard soldering profiles
- Profiles can be edited and stored in microcontroller flash
- Supports exhaust fan control
- Built-in input and output test functions for easy testing
Here are a few images of an assembled controller board. The triac will eventually be mounted on a heatsink.
I made a video on this controller which explains many things in detail.
Some images of the LCD screens. The controller supports a 2 line, 16 or 20 character Hitachi text LCD, or a Nokia 5110 graphical display. The images here show the controller with the Nokia display.
This project is currently available as an open-source / open-hardware project. Here’s the list of files that you will need to put it together:
- Gerber files
- Source code