The modular supergun is a project that I developed a while back that consists of various modules that can be very quickly connected together to form a custom arcade supergun or test rig device.
Here’s a picture of a set of modules mounted on a plexy and ready to be connected into a functional supergun device.
In order to connect the modules, a dupont type cable will be provided which will plug into the appropriate headers of the modules to be connected.
As of this update, the modules available are:
- JAMMA to Headers – this is the hub of the modular supergun. This board contains all the headers for additional modules, a JAMMA connector for your game, and screw in terminals for your powersupply.
- Genesis DB9 Controller Interface – allows you to connect your Sega Genesis controllers.
- RGB to Component – video converter module that outputs component video.
- RGB to Composite / S-Video – another video converter module that outputs S-Video or component video from your arcade game.
Additional modules are planned:
- USB Controller Module – for typical USB gamepads and joysticks.
- Sync Cleaner – to standardize the video sync output amplitude and width to improve compatibility with different arcade boards when using a video converter module.
This project is currently in progress. More information will be added here as it develops.